OFFICE OF THE MUNICIPAL MANAGER
Purpose: To manage the municipalitys administration as envisaged in section 55 of the Systems Act and to ensure sustainable delivery of municipal services in accordance with the councils strategic plans (IDP, SDBIP, etc.), objectives of local government and the developmental duties of the municipality in accordance with chapter 7 of the constitution and other appropriate legislation.
(1) Provide financial services in order to ensure financial viability, compliance and reporting.
(2) Provide developmental, community and strategic support services.
(3) Provide integrated municipal planning, capacity building of local municipalities in the district and corporate services to ensure sufficient support of organisational processes.
(4) Maximize the delivery of municipal facilities, infrastructure and other services to local municipalities in the district.
(5) Promote a safe and healthy environment.
(6) Provide an independent appraisal of the adequacy and effectiveness of financial controls.
(7) Provide an independent assurance over the effectiveness of internal controls, information/communication and monitoring systems and implementation of fraud prevention strategies in order to mitigate risks.
(8) Provide comprehensive communication, customer care and public or intergovernmental relation services.
STRATEGIC & CORPORATE SERVICES
Purpose: To provide municipal health and disaster management services, capacity building of local municipalities to perform municipal functions and corporate services to the municipality in support of efficient organizational and administrative processes.
(1) Render administrative support services.
(2) Render human resources management and support services to the municipality that will sustain the optimum utilization of the municipalitys human capital.
(3) Provide council/committee and auxiliary services (information communication technology, reception and cleaning and registry and archive services).
(4) Facilitate the establishment of service level agreements for shared services and programs to enhance capacity building of local municipalities in the district to perform their functions and exercise their powers where such capacity is lacking.
(5) Render property administrative maintenance functions and manage the municipalitys fleet.
(6) Develop and co-ordinate the IDP process and maintain and monitor the institutional performance management system (PMS) and SDBIP of the municipality.
(7) Support high level strategic and operational interfaces and activities (development and maintenance of by-laws and policies, etc.).
(8) Render municipal health services in terms of the National Health Act, 2003 and appropriate regulations, norms and standards.
MUNICIPAL PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT SERVICES
Purpose: To provide integrated municipal planning, capacity building of local municipalities to perform municipal functions and local economic development (including promotion of local tourism for the area of the District Municipality) to enhance the economic upliftment of the community and to promote a safe environment.
(1) Provide administrative support to the joint Municipal Planning Tribunal established in terms of the Spatial Planning & Land Use Management Act, 2013 and Regulations.
(2) Plan and develop a coherent and integrated framework for local economic development.
(3) Develop local tourism strategies (marketing and development) and promote local tourism for the area of the District Municipality.
(4) Provide institutional capacity to promote and implement LED programmes and SMME development.
(5) Manage the co-ordination and implementation of infrastructure and grant funded projects (MIG, EPWP, equitable share, etc.).
(6) Manage the planning, design, implementation and maintenance of municipal services and facilities/resources.
(7) Develop and co-ordinate the IDP process and maintain and monitor the institutional performance management system (PMS) and SDBIP of the municipality.
(8) Identify, define and implement the immediate and short term strategic objectives and plans associated with environmental and biodiversity management.
Purpose: To provide financial services in order to ensure financial viability, compliance and reporting in accordance with the Municipal Finance Management Act, 2003, relevant regulations and Treasury directives.
(1) Compile the operating and capital budgets and control expenditure.
(2) Responsible for statutory reporting processes.
(3) Manage and control the implementation of budget policies, systems and procedures and financial statement processes to ensure legislative compliance and sound financial management practices.
(4) Administer budgeting processes, compilation and reporting, compliance and overall budget control, monitoring, reconciliations and control accounting procedures.
(5) Implement and maintain revenue and credit control policies and procedures to ensure sound revenue management practices and compliance.
(6) Ensure the recording, authorisation and proper execution of expenditure systems, procedures and transactions.
(7) Manage supply chain management processes and procedures and ensure legal compliance.
(8) Manage the municipalitys assets, insurance portfolio, cash flow and investments.
(9) Develop relevant financial policies in accordance with statutory reporting, legislative and accounting requirements.
NAMAKWA combines the unspoilt expanses of Namaqualand & Hantam Karoo to form a region of exquisite natural beauty & contrast. This is a land where ancient history, modern technology and the universe join in harmonious concord.